GB-Sys developed, hosts, and
maintains a custom Web Application that enables tribal
entities under the Department of the Interior (DOI) purview to
input required Trust audit information and supporting
documentation directly into a DOI database, provides workflow
and functionality to support the entire DOI Trust audit
lifecycle, and is designed to support future changes in
regulation and policy. GB-Sys also designed, provisioned, and
maintains the development, testing, and production
environments for this custom Web Application in the Amazon Web
Services (AWS) Cloud.
Development Methodology: Hybrid Agile/SDLC (Waterfall); N-Tier Architecture
Development Tools / Patterns: UML, MVVM, MVC
Languages and API’s: SQL, C#, WPF, WinForms, Xamarin, Angular,ASP.NET, NodeJS, REST, HTML5 / CSS3, Native Android (Java), Native IOS (Objective C and Swift), Telerik / Kendo
Database(s): MS SQL Server 2012-2016
Source Control and Tools: SVN, Github, Visual Studio 2013-2017, SQL Management Studio, Resharper, AppCode, Red Gate, Web Storm, xCode, IntelliJ, Visual Code
FFP and LH
Place of Performance
San Antonio, TX
IT engineering services include
data Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) Development, Database
Administration, Software Engineering, Application Development,
Web Development Graphics Design, and integration services. Our
Software Engineers and Database Engineers developed clinical
business intelligence (CBI) systems: Code Auditing and
Reporting Application (CARA), Web Interface to Scanned Patient
Records (WISPR), MEDCOM 360, Standard Inpatient Data Record
(SIDR) v2.0, and the Program Analysis and Evaluation
(PA&E) G8/9 Metrics Portal.
• CARA is a financial application that verifies patient encounter codes against insurance codes. This system is responsible for millions of dollars in Army Military Treatment Facility operations.
• WISPR ensures deployed records are scanned and included in Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA).
• MEDCOM 360 is the AMEDD preferred portal to access the suite of CBI systems. We also created the underlying CBI systems within MEDCOM 360 and developed expanded capabilities to the existing framework.
• SIDR v2.0 captures all inpatient data records and provides reporting and error notifications.
• PAE G8/9 Metrics Portal provides Business Intelligence Analysis for various metrics (Access to Care, Coding Accuracy, BMI, etc.)
Database services included utilizing the Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development process and tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB) to extract data from multiple disparate databases and consolidate it into a singularly authoritative Data Warehouse for AMEDD PASBA. GB-Sys’ Data Analysts did everything from creating and running scripts in SQL Server Management Studio or Oracle to creating and ingesting flat files between different systems using SQL Loader and bulk copy programs to load data into the appropriate tables. Part of this support also included the creation of numerous dashboards, business applications, clinical applications, and ad-hoc reports. We were also responsible for documenting the changes to facilitate certification and accreditation of PASBA applications and databases.
Development Methodology: Hybrid Agile/SDLC (Waterfall)
Development Tools / Patterns: Visual Studio 2010 and newer
Databases: Multiple SQL and Oracle Databases
Source Control and Tools: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
Place of Performance
Ft Sam Houston, TX